Fall '21 Pre-Arrival Information & Orientation
- Fall 2021 Orientation
Expand the accordions below for the Fall '21 orientation schedule, resources, videos, and more! Please check back regularly for updates.
- 6/16 The schedule has been posted!
- Virtual Orientation Schedule
- In-Person International Student Welcome Events
- Fall '21 Slides & Recorded Resources
Have questions unrelated to immigration? Need help navigating life at GT? Join us for a student panel where you can ask your peers all of your non-immigration questions about the international student experience. We look forward to this session every semester as we always get lots of fun and interesting questions! Topics covered previously include food, TV shows, research experiences, immunizations, taking the bus, emailing professors, U.S. Southern slang, and more!
This session is a "crash course" on the U.S. and Georgia Tech. Topics covered include academics at GT and tips for navigating life in Atlanta. The Student Alumni Association (SAA) will be in attendance to teach students about GA Tech’s history and traditions. The Student Government Association (SGA) will also attend to share more about their role at GT.
This session will feature presentations from Health Initiatives, Student Health Services, GTPD, and the Counseling Center. Topics covered will include health and medical services at GT, health insurance for students, safety on-campus, scam awareness, and wellness services/resources.
In this session, we will focus on the federal regulations for F-1 and J-1 visa holders and review how to maintain visa status while at Georgia Tech. We will also briefly review pre-arrival and check-in information. All new international students and scholars need to plan to attend this very important session.
This session will primarily feature information about the OIE required Check-in process and important pre-arrival information for new students and scholars. ISSS staff will also answer some new student frequently asked questions and more Q&As will be available in the OIE Info Sessions every Friday.
- International Student Advising
International Student Virtual Drop-In Advising Hours
Monday 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM ET https://bluejeans.com/513565882
Tuesday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET https://bluejeans.com/597483525
Thursday 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM ET https://bluejeans.com/143300467
Beat the email lines. Drop-in for support in real time. No appointments required.
Speak 1:1 with an OIE adviser in a confidential virtual environment on Bluejeans.
Click here to see specific advising dates and links to join the sessions. Please check the page regularly for updates.
- Pre-Arrival Communication
Fall 2021 Pre-Arrival Communication #1 - 6/25/2021
Fall 2021 Pre-Arrival Communication #2 - 7/16/2021
Fall 2021 Pre-Arrival Communication #3 - 7/28/2021
Fall 2021 New Student Welcome E-mail - 8/2/2021
Fall 2021 Pre-Arrival Communication #4 - 8/13/2021
Fall 2021 Pre-Arrival Communication #5 - 8/25/2021
Fall 2021 Pre-Arrival Communication #6 - 8/27/2021
All F-1 and J-1 students are required by the U.S. government to complete their immigration check-in with the Office of International Education by the end of Phase II registration. New students begin the check-in process by completing the Arrival Confirmation e-form in iStart. Students arriving in the U.S. will finalize the check-in process after arriving in the U.S. and receiving the I-94 Arrival Form at the U.S. port of entry. For more information on Check-In, visit OIE's Check-In page.
Subscribe to IBUZZ
SUBSCRIBE TO IBUZZ!
iBuzz is a bi-weekly newsletter for Georgia Tech's International Population from the Office of International Education (OIE). It is the main way OIE communicates with students regarding changes in immigration law and policies, important reminders, and upcoming programs.
To subscribe or review past issues, please visit our iBuzz page.
Previous Semesters Slides & Resources
- Archived Resources
Though they are from previous semesters, there are still plenty of useful resources in these archives. Take a look!
- Fall '20
- Spring '21
- Summer '21
Useful Webpages for New & Continuing Students
Expand the accordions below for links to important resources you will need to ensure your success on campus.
- Georgia Tech Student Services & Campus Partners
- Daily Digest (Events on Campus): https://daily.gatech.edu/
- Campus Jobs: https://studentcenter.gatech.edu/campusjobs
- Buzz Card Office (Student ID): https://buzzcard.gatech.edu
- Parking and Transportation/GT Shuttles: http://pts.gatech.edu/
- GT Library: http://library.gatech.edu/
- Registrar’s Office: https://registrar.gatech.edu
- Registration Videos: https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/registrationvideos
- Buzzport: https://buzzport.gatech.edu/
- Canvas: https://canvas.gatech.edu/
- Bursar’s Office (Tuition and Fee Payment): https://www.bursar.gatech.edu
- Housing: https://housing.gatech.edu
- Student Groups
- Student Engagement and Joining Student Organizations: https://studentengagement.gatech.edu/
- Georgia Tech International Ambassadors (GTIA) info:
- Student Alumni Association (SAA): www.gtsaa.com
- Student Government Association (SGA): https://sga.gatech.edu/
- AMIS (Off-Campus Group): https://www.amis-inc.org/
- Health, Safety, & Wellness
- Tech Moving Forward: https://health.gatech.edu/tech-moving-forward
- Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD):
- Counseling Center:
- Health Initiatives – Weekly Virtual Workshops: https://healthinitiatives.gatech.edu/
- Stamps Health Services: https://health.gatech.edu/
- Student Health Insurance: https://health.gatech.edu/finance/insurance
- Office of International Education
- OIE COVID-19 FAQs