Spring '22 Pre-Arrival Information & Orientation
- Spring 2022 Orientation
The Spring '22 orientation schedule is now posted! We look forward to engaging with you virtually for multiple important information sessions as you begin to make your travel plans. After you arrive, we welcome you to join us in person for a Spring 2022 Welcome Party!
Please check back regularly for updates.
- Virtual Orientation Schedule
- In-Person International Student Welcome Events
- International Student Advising
Beat the email lines. Drop-in for support in real time. No appointments required.
Speak 1:1 with an OIE adviser in a confidential virtual environment on Bluejeans.
Click here to see specific advising dates and links to join the sessions. Please check the page regularly for updates.
Want a faster alternative? Click here for our virtual assistant that will answer any general questions you may have.
- Pre-Arrival Communication
Pre-Arrival Email #1 - November 15, 2021
Pre Arrival Email #2 - December 7, 2021
Pre-Arrival Email #3 - December 13, 2021
- Session Slides & Recordings
- OIE Spring 2022 Pre-Arrival Webinar
- Center for Assessment, Referral, and Education (CARE)
- Georgia Tech Police Department Campus Safety & Awareness
- Health Initiatives
- Stamps Health Services
- Mental Health & Well-Being at Georgia Tech
- How to Succeed as an International Student
- GT 101
- GT Traditions
- Student Government Association
- GT Counseling Center
- Health, Safety, and Wellness - coming soon
- GTPD Campus Safety - coming soon
All F-1 and J-1 students are required by the U.S. government to complete their immigration check-in with the Office of International Education by the end of Phase II registration. New students begin the check-in process by completing the Arrival Confirmation e-form in iStart. Students arriving in the U.S. will finalize the check-in process after arriving in the U.S. and receiving the I-94 Arrival Form at the U.S. port of entry. For more information on Check-In, visit OIE's Check-In page.
Subscribe to IBUZZ
SUBSCRIBE TO IBUZZ!
iBuzz is a bi-weekly newsletter for Georgia Tech's International Population from the Office of International Education (OIE). It is the main way OIE communicates with students regarding changes in immigration law and policies, important reminders, and upcoming programs.
To subscribe or review past issues, please visit our iBuzz page.
Previous Semesters Slides & Resources
Though they are from previous semesters, there are still plenty of useful resources in these archives. Take a look!
- Spring '21
- Summer '21
- Fall '21
Useful Webpages for New & Continuing Students
Expand the accordions below for links to important resources you will need to ensure your success on campus.
- Georgia Tech Student Services & Campus Partners
- Daily Digest (Events on Campus): https://daily.gatech.edu/
- Campus Jobs: https://studentcenter.gatech.edu/campusjobs
- Buzz Card Office (Student ID): https://buzzcard.gatech.edu
- Parking and Transportation/GT Shuttles: http://pts.gatech.edu/
- GT Library: http://library.gatech.edu/
- Registrar’s Office: https://registrar.gatech.edu
- Registration Videos: https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/registrationvideos
- Buzzport: https://buzzport.gatech.edu/
- Canvas: https://canvas.gatech.edu/
- Bursar’s Office (Tuition and Fee Payment): https://www.bursar.gatech.edu
- Housing: https://housing.gatech.edu
- Student Groups
- Student Engagement and Joining Student Organizations: https://studentengagement.gatech.edu/
- Georgia Tech International Ambassadors (GTIA) info:
- Student Alumni Association (SAA): www.gtsaa.com
- Student Government Association (SGA): https://sga.gatech.edu/
- AMIS (Off-Campus Group): https://www.amis-inc.org/
- Health, Safety, & Wellness
- Tech Moving Forward: https://health.gatech.edu/tech-moving-forward
- Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD):
- Counseling Center:
- Health Initiatives – Weekly Virtual Workshops: https://healthinitiatives.gatech.edu/
- Stamps Health Services: https://health.gatech.edu/
- Student Health Insurance: https://health.gatech.edu/finance/insurance
- Office of International Education
- OIE COVID-19 FAQs