July 26 2021: Welcome to the new ISSS homepage. Please update your bookmarks.
OIE serves students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders with an inclusive approach of virtual and in-person services. We look forward to serving you. Links to services for international students and scholars:
Important Guidance and Updates for F and J Visa Holders
International Travel Information
Updated August 16, 2021
Georgia Tech requests all individuals traveling to Atlanta from an international location to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
If you are fully vaccinated:
- Get tested for Covid-19 within 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S.
- While you are not required to quarantine upon arrival, monitor for symptoms of Covid-19 and get evaluated if you develop symptoms.
Fully vaccinated applies to individuals who have received a Covid-19 vaccine currently authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen Covid-19 vaccines) or a Covid-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford).
People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after:
- Their second dose in a 2-dose series.
- A single-dose vaccine.
If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are not fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated. If you have a condition or are taking medications that weaken your immune system, you may not be fully protected even if you are fully vaccinated. Talk to your healthcare provider. Even after vaccination, you may need to continue taking all precautions.
If you are not fully vaccinated:
- Get tested for Covid-19 within 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S. AND self-quarantine for a full 7 days after arrival even if you test negative.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected and follow the guidelines for what to do if you test positive for Covid-19 https://health.gatech.edu/coronavirus/decision-tree.
- If you don’t get tested, self-quarantine for 10 days after arrival in the U.S.
- For 14 days, avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness, whether you get tested or not.
- Continue to test weekly and self-monitor for symptoms of Covid-19. Find Tech’s free surveillance testing hours and locations here. Get evaluated if you develop symptoms.
Student Wellness Resources
Beat the email lines. Drop-in for support in real time. No appointments required.
Speak 1:1 with an OIE adviser in a confidential virtual environment on Bluejeans.
Due to a high volume of students joining us for advising, advisors will not be meeting with those joining to ask about processing times or those requesting an expedite. These tickets will automatically be closed. For more information about current processing times, please review our website: https://oie.gatech.edu/isss/istart-e-form-processing-times.
As outlined on the website, processing times are counted in business days. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are considered business days. Institute holidays are not considered business days. The Institute holidays can be found in the following link: https://hr.gatech.edu/payroll. If you find that your request is outside of processing time, you can submit a report to our office online. Our team will review this information and follow-up with you to provide an updated timeline for the request or guidance on next steps.
*The bluejeans room and sign-up system may be be temporarily locked if volume exceeds our capacity.
Upcoming Drop-In Advising:
Monday 8:30 AM - 12:00 Pm ET https://bluejeans.com/513565882
Tuesday 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM ET https://bluejeans.com/597483525
Thursday 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM ET https://bluejeans.com/197549789/7725
Your patience and support with the virtual environment is greatly appreciated. Wait times may be longer than expected.