OIE serves students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders with an inclusive approach of virtual and in-person services. We look forward to serving you. Links to services for international students and scholars:
Virtual Arrival Help Desk
The Virtual Arrival Help Desk is peer-to-peer arrival support for incoming students focusing on general questions for international students arriving at Georgia Tech! You can join a session with general questions related to the next steps upon arrival, where to go for various information, and OIE Check-In. Please note that this is not a space for immigration advising. If you have immigration questions you may join our virtual drop-in advising: https://isss.oie.gatech.edu/
Drop in if you have non-immigration questions. We are here to help!
- August 8 - September 2, 2022; Monday to Friday.
Time & Location
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (noon)
- Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: https://gatech.zoom.us/j/96283217216
Due to a high volume of students joining us for advising, advisors will not be meeting with those joining to ask about processing times or those requesting an expedite. These tickets will automatically be closed. For more information about current processing times, please review our website.
As outlined on the website, processing times are counted in business days. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are considered business days. Institute holidays are not considered business days. The Institute holidays can be found in the following link: https://hr.gatech.edu/payroll. If you find that your request is outside of processing time, you can submit a report to our office online. Our team will review this information and follow-up with you to provide an updated timeline for the request or guidance on next steps.
Upon clicking the link below, follow the instructions on the screen and wait until an advisor admits you into the advising session and into a breakout room. We ask that you wait patiently in the waitroom as current wait times are averaging about 45 minutes. Depending on volume, wait times will vary and could be more or less than the current average wait time.
We thank you in advance for your patience. If you are unable to join during drop-in advising, we encourage you to email our office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*OIE has been made aware that those joining with Linux are experiencing issues joining advising. We encourage you to use alternate software or join via the browser.
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM ET
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM ET
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Important Guidance and Updates for F and J Visa Holders
International Travel Information
Updated June 13, 2022
Georgia Tech requests all individuals traveling to Atlanta from an international location to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and PreventDC).
If you are fully vaccinated:
- Get tested for Covid-19 within 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S.
- While you are not required to quarantine upon arrival, monitor for symptoms of Covid-19 and get evaluated if you develop symptoms.
Fully vaccinated applies to individuals who have received a Covid-19 vaccine currently authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen Covid-19 vaccines) or a Covid-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford).
People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after:
- Their second dose in a 2-dose series.
- A single-dose vaccine.
If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are not fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated. If you have a condition or are taking medications that weaken your immune system, you may not be fully protected even if you are fully vaccinated. Talk to your healthcare provider. Even after vaccination, you may need to continue taking all precautions.
If you are not fully vaccinated:
- Get tested for Covid-19 within 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S. AND self-quarantine for a full 7 days after arrival even if you test negative.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected and follow the guidelines for what to do if you test positive for Covid-19 https://health.gatech.edu/coronavirus/decision-tree.
- If you don’t get tested, self-quarantine for 10 days after arrival in the U.S.
- For 14 days, avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness, whether you get tested or not.
- Continue to test weekly and self-monitor for symptoms of Covid-19. Find Tech’s free surveillance testing hours and locations here. Get evaluated if you develop symptoms.
Student Wellness Resources
Subscribe to iBuzz
SUBSCRIBE TO IBUZZ!
iBuzz is a bi-weekly newsletter for Georgia Tech's International Population from the Office of International Education (OIE). It is the main way OIE communicates with students regarding changes in immigration law and policies, important reminders, and upcoming programs.
To subscribe or review past issues, please visit our iBuzz page.