Transfer your SEVIS Record to Another Sponsor

Eligibility to transfer your SEVIS Record to Another U.S. Sponsor

  • The student is in good academic standing.
  • The student has not worked without authorization.
  • The student is within the time limits specified in part 3 of his/her current DS-2019.

Procedure to Request a SEVIS Record Transfer

  • Complete the Transfer Out E-Form located in
  • OIE processes the transfer out request and communicates with the RO/ARO at the new school to determine a transfer date.
  • The student receives approval notice from OIE and begins the transfer process with the new institution.