The student must:
- Have D/S written on his/her I-94 record.
- Be a full-time student making satisfactory academic progress.
- Be maintaining valid J-1 status by not working illegally, by being covered by adequate insurance and by having filed timely and appropriate transfer and extension notifications where applicable.
The extension cannot be granted after the end date on the DS-2019 so it is necessary to begin the extension process in istart least one month prior to the expiration date.
- If sponsored by Georgia Tech, log in to iStart and complete a DS-2019 Extension E-form Note: Approval of the academic advisor and financial documentation is necessary to proceed.
- If sponsored by another entity, please refer directly to your sponsor for extension procedures which may vary according to the specific sponsor.