To learn more about scams, read our Scam 101 Guide.
To view the PDF of GTPD's Officer Rodriguez's Scam Presentation, click here.
To view a recording of GTPD's Officer Rodriguez's Scam Presentation, click here.
REMEMBER THESE TIPS IF YOU GET A CALL LIKE THIS
1. Always verify who you are speaking to.
2. Never give out your personal information - this includes account numbers, Social Security numbers, passwords, or any other identifying information.
3. If you feel the call is unexpected or suspicious - just hang up!
- If you think you owe taxes, you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 and they may help you arrange a payment plan.
- Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
- Federal Trade Commission
- Visit uscis.gov/avoidscams for more information on common scams targeting immigrants.
- Advice for International Students to help avoid Tuition Payment Scams