Graduate Student Application
Thank you for your interest in studying at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) as a graduate exchange student! Please read the information below very carefully as there is a great deal of information to understand and many details to think about. Although your university has already selected you as a participant in this program, you must also apply and be admitted to Georgia Tech. You will be considered a “special non-degree student,” which is a category that means you will not be here to obtain a degree.
You will find details on the documents necessary for admission listed below. The application documents will be reviewed by your selected Academic Program Department and The Office of Graduate Admissions. Please be sure to submit everything that is required or your application may be delayed. There are several steps in the application process be sure to complete each step.
Please Note: Students may only apply for a GT Exchange space after being nominated by their home institution. Your study abroad advisor will nominate you by completing an online nomination form. After your nomination is confirmed by Georgia Tech's Office of International Education, you will be sent a welcome email with complete instructions on how to proceed with the application.
Graduate exchange applicants should carefully review the application deadlines and requirements for their specific academic program. Graduate programs often have much earlier deadlines than those for undergraduate exchange applicants.
** Students who submit applications later in the cycle could experience delay in an admissions decision. It is highly recommended that you submit the application as soon as possible after receiving the welcome email.
Step 1: Graduate Admissions Application Process:
Start by visiting the Georgia Tech's Graduate Admissions page. Please read the OIE welcome email carefully as it will provide information into how to complete key parts of the application. Submit the Graduate Studies Application.
Email email@example.com after you have submitted and paid your application fee.
- All Grad applicants are required to take either the GRE or GMAT test. Management/Business students will take the GMAT; all other students should take the GRE. Your score must be submitted to Georgia Tech directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The institutional code for Georgia Tech is 5248.
- Most Grad applicants are required to take the TOEFL. Follow this link to Georgia Tech's English Proficiency requirements (including who must submit TOEFL scores).
References: You are required to submit 3 email addresses for references. They will be contacted to complete letters of recommendation.
Step 2: Send Documents Electronically - Send the following documents electronically to Georgia Tech's Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Official Transcripts
- 1 copy in original language, 1 copy translated to English (if applicable).
- Proof of undergraduate degree.
- Architecture students must submit a portfolio
- GRE/GMAT and TOEFL scores:
- The academic department will provide the minimum score required for admission into that department. Note that TOEFL scores are only valid for 2 years (per ETS policy). Please refer to the Graduate Admissions English Proficiency requirements for more information.